A Recap of Sabbath Services at the Great House of Yahweh…
Wouldn’t it be wonderful if all schools chose to elevate character education as an important aspect of developing responsible, productive citizens? Academics are important but without proper character, even the smartest of minds may make the poorest of choices.
Our first teacher was Future Priest Deacon White Buffalo and his topic was on the negative effects of toys. Speaking from Yisrayl Hawkins previous teachings, the deacon explains that many toys have the potential to replace reading, and valuable study time (by wasting time).
With Christmas fast approaching, he cautions parents on the time wasting effects of toys and the false teaching of Santa Claus toting bags of toys down peoples’ chimneys. He also read excerpts from the Peaceful Solution Character Education, Acceptance Unit and provided a list of both time building and time wasting activities.
The Great Deacon David admonishes parents to train children in righteousness and reminds us of our course in The House of Yahweh – that of learning to teach righteousness.
On this day, we enjoyed a Live Classroom Presentation based on The Peaceful Solution Character Education Program.
A few of the many highlights…
- Respect for Authority – who are our authorities and how to speak respectfully to authorities.
- Lack of training in character education has led to teen pregnancies, STDs, drunk drivers, children of divorced families, etc.
- There is a difference between positive and negative behavior.
- Recognizing what we can and cannot change. We cannot change our fixed traits but we can change our behavior. An example of having alcoholic tendencies in our lineage does not give us the excuse to become an alcoholic – behavior we have control over, behavior we can change.
- Our parents pass on their values but our environment can change our values, and we must guard ourselves in the choices we make.
- Morals are values that most people share. They are rules that are important and help us to decide between right and wrong choices.
- A moral character is not only the solution but is our obligation. We are reminded of our decision to become members of Yahweh’s Family of believers.
- Remember that toys – big or small – do not bring salvation or an education in righteousness. Therefore, we must continue to build positive character traits in our children and ourselves.
And you must love Yahweh your Father with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might. And these Laws which I command you this day must be in your heart; And you must teach them diligently to your children, and talk about them when you sit in your house, and when you walk on the road, and when you lie down, and when you rise up. Deuteronomy 6:5-7