A Recap of Sabbath Services at the Great House of Yahweh…
Today’s fashions are all over the place but one aspect dominates the styles and that is exposure. Designed to catch the eye of the beholder, men women and children dress to reveal rather than go the modest route. Less than 100 years ago, women wore bonnets, and dresses that were practical and disciplined – the adornment reflected virtue and morality. Yisrayl Hawkins describes a time when life was simple – not to be confused with boring – relationships brought joy and harmony to families.
Prior to the Last Days’ Witness, Yisrayl Hawkins’ sermon today, we heard from four speakers who covered several interesting topics and news events. The following are a few highlights from their speeches…
- With the time no longer delayed, we recognize that the wars are upon us – those described by the prophets to bring about the worse time ever in the history of mankind.
- Of course, we have a choice to make and reading Deuteronomy 30:15, 19 we see that if we want life we must choose righteousness. What is righteousness? Deuteronomy 6:25 explains the keeping of Yahweh’s Laws.
- We should have joy from our studies. Remembering that Satan is subtle and crafty and makes entertainment appealing, yet the truth of the matter is that entertainments are but negative influences. We should strive to pull away from such influences and make our scriptural studies a priority as we prepare for future jobs as teachers and managers.
- Flooding and persistent drought co-exist and weather related disasters have wreaked all kinds of trouble for citizens in several states. Extreme heat in India is responsible for 1,100 deaths in 140F temperatures.
- Repenting of sin (the breaking of Yahweh’s Laws – I John 3:4) is only part of the process. We must also convert to keeping Yahweh’s Laws if we want a part of the Kingdom of Yahweh.
Helping us to understand Yahshua’s teaching in Yahchanan (John) 3:12, Yisrayl Hawkins tells us that to understand about the earthly and heavenly things we have to go back to Genesis and follow the history of those who rebelled against Yahweh and His Law.
To expound on that point, recent comments by US President Barack Obama on religious intolerance and Christian Crusades, Yisrayl adds that these historic atrocities even outweigh the horrendous crimes committed by groups such as ISIL today.
Beginning with Cain and Genesis 4:3, we see that his offering from the fruit of the ground, was far more involved than simply bringing forth some fruit and vegetables. From Cain’s rebellion, came the Korites and Yisrayl traces their linage and their rebellion down to our time in what is known as the Last Days.
Genesis 49 describes Yahdah as the lawgiver and that held true down through the centuries, but as scriptures reveal, the lawgiver became trucebreakers not only did they not keep the law, they taught others to break Yahweh’s Laws making sin and iniquity abound. However, we see Yahshua (prophesied in the same 49th chapter) as having earned the title of Lawgiver, but has not officially attained to the position.
Following, Yisrayl’s teaching after the three-day extended Feast of Pentecost on the Gathering (Yeremyah 23) and the Great Falling Away (II Thessalonians 2) today’s sermon is a promise of what lies ahead in the coming weeks.
Therefore, we conclude with the verse in Yahchanan 3:12 … “If I have told you earthly things, and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you of heavenly things?” So, we look forward to Yisrayl’s next sermon…